Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Simplified Yu Sheng (Yee Sang) for the Year of the Horse


It is the year of the Horse as my Yu Sheng will tell you if you can read Mandarin.  My girls requested I created a running horse on the Yu Sheng, I tried doing that but it was not easy so I settled with this.  Because I didn't have the wonton skin, I made my own fried cracker here, I just used flour, sea salt and water to make the dough.  The trick was to roll it very thin and deep-fried it twice to make it crunchy.  I made the crackers a day before so it made it easier.   Happy to use my homemade raspberry vinegar ginger here and this year no colorings was used in the creation of this Yu Sheng.


Get the simplified Yu Sheng recipe here.

2 comments:

tigerfish said...

I was thinking of making Yu Sheng this year but alas...I did not when I thought of how troublesome it can be - esp the amount of shredding to be done. Hmmmmm, simplified Yu Sheng sounds like a great idea for me next year.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Sound healthy and good! Gong Xi Fa Cai!