Friday, December 13, 2013

All Natural Red Hue Pickled Ginger Slices


I discovered a way of making the all natural red hue pickled ginger slices so I want to share it with you all.  I actually thought of this while writing a draft post for the raspberry vinegar that I made.  What a coincidence that I was put off by the store-bought version when I realized that they actually used artificial red colorings to make it red.  As my readers probably know, I am trying to feed my family with healthy food choices and cutting down or eliminate artificial food colorings and flavorings are one of it.  I am 100% concurred with the saying that if you are going to feed yourself anyway, why don't feed your body with all natural and nutrients rich superfood?  Why feed your body with more chemicals and toxic (we already have enough of that via air, water, environment, etc), and burden your body to work extra hard to get rid of it?  If your body is overworked all the times everyday, what would happen?  Think about it!

 
Ingredients:

Ginger

Method:

Peeled and washed the ginger, then thinly julienne it.  Stuff the julienne ginger into a glass bottle and top it with raspberry vinegar until all ginger is submerged.  Keep refrigerated.



4 comments:

cathy said...

This looks very tasty. What would you do with them though?

PH said...

I totally agree with you though it is challenging at times to prepare food that is free from toxins and pollutants. Your pickled ginger is something to relish!

Noob Cook said...

home-made with natural ingredients is truly a great luxury.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi Cathy,
This makes a great condiment for Chinese steamed dumplings and potsticker. Take some of it and mix it with soy sauce and eat it together with the dumpling. You can also add a little of this in your salad and mix it together. And also top this on your fish, add a little soy sauce and sesame oil and bake or steam it, etc.