Monday, June 29, 2009

Spicy Stir Fried Shrimps



This dish is so simple yet delectable. Minimal seasonings required yet packed with flavors. I love to chew on the shell of these shrimps because that's the best part. Even my Evy who hardly eat shrimps asked for more. Edda who complaint too spicy finished her share after I told her to eat with white rice then it won't be too spicy anymore. :P If you have a bottle of Szechuan peppercorns at home, this will be a great way to use it. Can substitute the shrimps with chicken too.





Ingredients:

  • 15 large shrimps
  • 8 dried red chili, soften in hot water and drained
  • 1/2 Tbsp. Szechuan peppercorns
  • Shredded gingers
  • 1/2 small red onion, sliced (yellow onion/scallion can be substituted)

Seasonings: 1/2 tsp. chicken stock granules and some soy sauce.

Method:

1.
Season shrimps with salt and black pepper, coat with cornstarch and pan-fry until cooked. Dish out and set aside.

2. In the wok, add a little oil. When hot, add in dried chili and Szechuan peppercorns, stir-fry until fragrant, add in gingers and red onion. Stir-fry until onion is soften. Add in a little water and the seasonings.


3. Stir-fry well and add in the shrimps. Stir to coat and dish out to serve. Simple yet delicious.

10 comments:

ICook4Fun said...

I love using Szechuan peppercorns in my cooking. Love it with shrimp too. Can I come over for lunch :)

tigerfish said...

Ya, very simple ingredients used but can see the robust flavor already.
I like...heeee heeee...

daphne said...

best thing is that u have left the shells in? Must be very tasty!

Bits said...

This is great! I love simple, stir fried prawns!

tracieMoo said...

simple and yummy! looks really good. thanks for the recipe =)

npm said...

looks great! shall perhaps try this soon. thks for the easy recipe!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Sure Gert, welcome. :)

Thanks Tigerfish. Hehe...

It was Daphne. I left the shells in because I liked the crispy coating.

Now you have it Bits of Taste. :)

You are welcome tracie. :)

Thanks Pearl. :)

You are welcome npm. Hope you like it, feedback welcome. ;)

Noob Cook said...

Me love simple recipes that require little ingredients too. I'm allergic to prawns so I can't have too many, but I'll gladly gobble yours up hehe

SIG said...

Haha so cute the kids... I love prawns... prawns in any way! :)

Food For Tots said...

Szechuan peppercorns! Star of the dish! How can I resist when it pairs with large shrimps? ;)