Monday, July 21, 2008

Whole Roast Chicken


Just want to show a picture of my roast chicken on the vertical chicken roaster. Another of my cost saving and easy to prepare dinner. I always buy the whole chicken when it is on sales and one of this chicken can last us for two meals. I will stir-fry the other half in soy sauce for dinner the next day. For the above chicken, again I marinated it with the A1 Emperor Chicken Spices and baked it in my convection oven.

Roast chicken is very easy to prepare. All you needed to do is to clean and trim off the fat of the chicken and then marinate the chicken with your desired sauce or spices. Preheat the oven at 350'F and bake it for 1.5 hours or 325'F convection oven for 1 hour 22 minutes. Before baking, I spray my chicken all over with canola oil spray to ensure crispy skin result.

Roast chicken is so versatile, you can eat it with rice, sandwich it with burger buns, or eat it with salad and mashed potatoes or etc. I love to buy rotisserie chicken at the grocery store too, that's when I'm too lazy to make dinner, or when I have guests and don't have time to cook lots of dishes.

10 comments:

ICook4Fun said...

This is my fav way of cooking chicken. I will have roast chicken once a week. Like you said I can have the leftover for the weekend. I really like your vertical chicken roaster. By the way where did you get that? I don't think I ever come across one.

Retno Prihadana said...

Yummy..., can I bring only rice and eat together with you?..he..he. I used to buy it in Turkish Imbiss. I´m going to have holiday in my hometown , can´t wait to have culinary journey :)

Par said...

I love rotisserie chicken!
Would like to make them one day...hehe

SIG said...

Wow, yummy roast. I buy mine from the supermarket too. Giant has a lovely honey chicken. I use mine the next day for fried pasta or fried rice, speaking of which, I did just that last evening. You can also use the carcass to make soup stock. It's great!

Big Boys Oven said...

this sure taste awesome, seeing the chick dangling there wow! make us wanting more, so desirable!

Unknown said...

i am so gonna try this! I've been wanting to try roasting a whole chicken forever! hehe

daphne said...

I want that vertical chicken roaster! What a good tool!

Chibog in Chief said...

oh this is an all time favorite dish at home!! yummy!! love that vertical chicken roaster.;gotta have one!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi Gert,
I got it long time ago at one of the kitchen stores in the outlet mall. You can try online. I think someone left a link in the comment at my vertical chicken roaster post.

Hey Retno,
Have fun at your culinary journey! All the good food awaits you!

Hi Ms.__2 be, you should, very easy to make.

Thanks SIG, yeah, I saved my carcass too, planning to make soup for soupy noodle. :)

Haha BBOven!

Rita, yes yes, do try!

Hi Daphne, it's indeed a great tool. I love mine!

Dhanggit, it's a great gadget to own. The skin of the chicken will be crispy all around. ;)

Ning's Mummy said...

looks delicious! Can i have that wing... hehe...