Monday, January 08, 2007

Western Dinner Night

Not sure about you, but as for me sometimes I do long for some western meal instead of the usual chinese afair. One thing though my hubby prefers chinese anytime since his first comment while seeing what's on the table was, "Why do you have to cook all these weird dishes?". Yes! Anything not chinese/asian is considered weird to him. I actually knew this was coming but I went ahead and cooked these because I have a craving for green bean casserole and some mashed sweet potatoes. Haha... too bad for him!

Baked Cornish Hens with spices and dried Rosemary


Traditional Green Bean Casserole (recipe found on web)



Mashed Sweet Potatoes

I actually cooked some fried rice this afternoon for his lunch box the next day (since I know he won't want a western meal lunch box) , nothing special just a simply "hamtam" what's in the fridge fried rice and his comment when he saw the lunch box was, "Wow, got fried rice to eat, yummy!". He would prefer white rice and simple eggs with chai por over the above anytime. Another of his favorite is pan-fried luncheon meat and fried eggs with white rice! Very chinese right? Anyone hubby is like that?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, my hubby is juz the opposite from urs! He likes western food anytime although he eats whatever I put on the table, be it Asian or Western. If we're out, he would say no Chinese, pls!

Edith said...

haha... lucky for me, my hubby is really easy with food. Eats whatever is set upon the table.

Anonymous said...

Hihi,
I enjoyed reading your blog a lot! And your two gals are soooo cute! Just wanted to add that my hubby is exactly the same! So infuriating at times.. he he.. and when we eat out, he would not want to try any western restaurant, other than Golden Corral (a buffet place)!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Lin & Edith,
You two are lucky! He didn't touch the smashed sweet potatoes at all!!!

Hi Angie, thanks for dropping me a note! :) Glad you like reading my humble blog. My hubby too, he goes for Asian restaurants almost all the times! Haha...

Unknown said...

ching

delicious dinner

Anonymous said...

First of all, I'd like to say that your blog is awesome! Keep it up! I like it A LOT!

I am not a good cook and I feel like I can learn a lot of tips from your blog. Thanks!

BTW, your hubby should be very happy that you can cook so many yummy dishes for him. Well, my hubby wants to send me to culinary school for basic cooking lesson. Imagine how bad is my cooking and my hubby has put up with it...

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thank you Elena! Glad that you like my blog. :)

My hubby ah, he is already spoiled so what to do. Hope my blog can help you improve on your cooking k.